Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Why You Cryin'?

Comedian George Lopez does a hysterical routine called "Why You Cryin'?"... and I thought it would be appropriate for this post.

Been listening to a lot of R&B lately 'cause that's what they play in my office. Kinda cool. I like everything but R&B is always in the center of my musical heart.

Singer Anthony Hamilton has a new song out. I'd never heard of him until very recently and when I discovered him, I was in love. His duet with Jill Scott "So In Love" is fantastic and the video is even better!  They look like they're having so much fun! And his other song, "Woo" is also fabulous.  But the one in heavy rotation right now on WBLS is called "Pray for Me". The entire song is about this guy asking God to bring his baby back to him who left because he did something stupid.


 This song irks me. He promises he'll go to church, Jesus will be his best friend, yada, yada, yada... if God brings his baby back.

It reminds me somewhat of Tyrese's latest, "Stay", another song about a guy who fucked up and wants his baby back. That one is even worse because one of the last lines in the song is "What about married life?  You're supposed to be my wife..."  Excuse you?  You screwed up but you're gonna ask ME about 'married' life?

Why don't these men think about the consequences BEFORE they do these things, pray tell?  Yes, that's a rhetorical question.  But here's my view: Don't beg. You messed up, OK. You regret your assholic actions. OK. Tell me you're sorry, explain why you trampled my feelings, promise you'll refrain from repeating such monumentally stupid actions and then work on making things better.

But please stop cryin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment